Need fresh, seasonal, & easy-to-make recipes for your Independence Day bash? From the first course to the last, these recipes won’t disappoint!
FOR THE APPETIZER…
Ingredients for dressing:
o Juice of 1 lemon
o Fresh ground black pepper
o Fresh ground pink pepper
Ingredients for salad:
- 6 small cucumbers
- Sea Salt
- 2 large oranges
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint
Wash cucumber & oranges well. Peel oranges, remove white membrane & cut fresh in thin slices. Thinly slice cucumber with a mandolin. Combine salt and two kinds of pepper in glass or stainless steel bowl & add lemon juice. Slowly add olive oil while stirring constantly with wire whisk. Combine dressing with orange slices & fresh herbs. To serve: Arrange cucumbers in dishes & pour over prepared dressing. Sprinkle with a little coarse salt.
FOR THE MAIN COURSE…
Prep time: ~15 mins. Makes 4 -3/4 inch thick patties or 6 -1/2 inch thick patties.
4-6 hamburger buns
- 1 pound thawed ground beef, lean ground turkey or bison, veal or your favorite meat.
- 2 Tbs finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Carrington Farms Organic Milled flaxseed
- 2 Tbs water
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice of bread)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbs mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix together meat, onion, garlic, flax & bread crumbs.
- Lightly beat water & egg together and add to mixture. Add mustard, salt & pepper.
- Cook on a grill or stove top until no pink remains (~12 mins)
- Optional cheeseburgers: top with slice of your choice of cheese at end of cooking & grill or broil for about 1 min.
- 2 6 oz fillets of Salmon
- 2-3 Tbls of Carrington Farms Coconut Oil
- Garlic powder & pepper to taste
- Oil grill with 1 tbls coconut oil
- Heat grill
- Coat each fillet with coconut oil & garlic powder & pepper to taste
- Grill Salmon approx 5 – 7 minutes per side to taste.
FOR THE DESSERT…
• 6 ounces Yogurt (yogurt of choice)
• ¼ cup raspberries
• ½ cup Viki’s Granola Original
• Place 2 ounces of yogurt into a tall glass or mason jar.
• Pour a 1/3 of granola evenly on top of the yogurt.
• Place 2 ounces of yogurt on top of the granola. Add raspberries.
• Add remaining 2 ounces yogurt & granola on top.