Not sure what to whip up? Pamper MOM with a plate of Viki’s Granola’s Maple Cranberry Granola Pancakes, Gaea’s Feta and Olive Oil Cakes, or Carrington Farms’ Ghee French Toast (or all three!) for a nutritious and delicious breakfast selection for mom. Each made with heart healthy and natural ingredients like gluten-free granola, organic ghee, and Greek Olive Oil, MOM will thank you for the indulgent, yet guilt-free, breakfast in bed on her special day.
♥Maple Cranberry Granola Pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- ¼ cup Viki’s Cranberry Maple Granola
- Maple syrup for topping
In a large mixing bowl, blend flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Using a whisk or hand held mixer, whisk in buttermilk and egg until well combined and smooth. Stir in the melted butter. Heat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat. Using a ¼ cup measure, pour pancake mix to cook. When pancake is golden brown, flip and cook other side. Keep warm in a 275° oven. To serve stack a few pancakes and top with maple syrup and Viki’s Cranberry Maple Granola.
♥Ghee French Toast
- 5 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup 1% milk
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 6 slices of brioche bread (cut into ½ inch slices)
- 2 tbsp of Carrington Farms Organic Ghee
- Whisk eggs, sugar, milk, ghee and cinnamon for 30 seconds.
- Dip both sides of bread in mixture until saturated
- Put 1 tbsp of ghee in pan and turn heat on low for 20 seconds to let the ghee melt.
- Place 3 slices of bread in pan at a time and keep on medium heat.
- Cook slices until browned on both sides.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for the last 3 pieces.
♥Feta and Olive Oil Cakes
- 5.30 ounces (or a little less than ¾ cup) feta cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup Gaea’s Kalamata D.O.P. Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3.50 ounces (or a little less than ½ cup) ground almonds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Gaea Pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
- Brown sugar for garnishing
Preheat oven to 350F. Process the cheese with the sugar and honey in a mixer until smooth. Add olive oil. Combine flour with the ground almonds and baking powder and add to bowl while mixing. Divide batter among 6 greased one-use individual cake molds and top each with half an olive. Sprinkle top of batter with brown sugar and bake for about 25 minutes.