Today’s families choose from a variety of different schooling opportunities — such as traditional K-12 schooling, homeschooling or high school online. While educational choice is a great thing, some parents can get confused about which one is right for their child.
You are most likely familiar with traditional brick & mortar high schools. Chances are that you even attended one yourself. Homeschool is another option, but this option puts a lot of pressure on parents to teach the coursework. What parent wants to teach Chemistry or Geometry or Physics? Not many that I know of.
High school online is the perfect balance between the two previous options. It gives parents & students more academic control, without relying on a parent to take on the role of a teacher.
That’s why American High School is a perfect choice for parents & students. Homeschoolers enroll in the online school because it allows them flexibility in their learning. With online learning, motivated homeschooled teens don’t need to be held back by classes that must take four years to complete. Instead, the homeschooled students can choose an online high school that allows students to finish courses as fast as they are able to complete the coursework. Many online high school graduates have earned their diplomas & moved on to college one or two years ahead of their peers.
Here’s some more information about the benefits of attending American High school online:
- Online classes are available 24/7 every day, which means students can participate in their education when they want & take breaks as needed.
- Students can choose their own learning pace. They can advance more quickly in subjects they like & they excel in and take extra time on subjects when needed that they don’t like as much (Math as an example).
- Students who attend American High School online can access their lessons, ebooks, videos, journals, discussion boards, PowerPoint presentations & any other coursework material ANY time they want.
- Teachers at online schools tend to be more accessible to students — this is primarily attributed to the ease of communication through the traditional email & telephone, as well as video to email & video to phone. These various communication tools allow online students to email, chat, text or even call their teachers.
- Online schools use multiple forms of teaching materials, including videos, slideshows & lecture notes. These methods are more accommodating to different learning styles.
- One-on-one interactions with instructors create a safe & comfortable learning environment.
- The U.S. Department of Education reported that research shows students who attend online schools excel at a rapid rate.
- Fashion woes are a thing of the past. No one cares what you’re wearing when you attend high school online. You can go to school in your pajamas & get up at 10 a.m. to start their online course.
- Where you live plays a big part in what traditional school your child can attend, & the options aren’t always desirable. Online high school is global. No matter where you live, your child has a great schooling option.
Another major perk of attending American High School online is the way it can prepare students for college. Children who go to high school online receive an excellent education that is based on the core curriculum needed for entrance to college, as well as the elective courses that colleges often look for to ensure a student is well rounded. Online students are well prepared for college because they’ve learned to work independently, which is a necessary skill for college success.
Online students have plenty of opportunity to interact with their offline peers by enrolling in extracurricular activities, such as karate lessons, dance lessons, youth group at church, charity work & teen clubs. American High School online students can attend full-time or part-time, meaning these students are also enrolled at a traditional high school & are still able to participate in those school-sponsored extracurricular activities. Regardless of the situation, online students are able to fit extra activities into their schedule easily because online high schools are incredibly flexible.
Visit www.AmericanHighSchool.org for more information!