Sleep is the fundamental human requirement and is a part of the natural cycle of human activities. Good sleep is as essential as eating and exercising. It is not easy for women to meet the demands of work, family, home, and friends. As their body requirements are unique, they need a good quality of sleep to carry out their daily routine activities. According to a report, sex differences start affecting the sleep patterns from a very early stage, and women are found to be more prone to insomnia. Sleep may be altered in women by various factors like:
- Reproductive hormones: – According to the findings from experiments conducted it is found that women are more disturbed in the pre-menstruating week than during the menstrual days. The menstrual cycle causes an exceptional level of discomfort to a woman. The changes suffered by a woman during the premenstrual and menstrual week are
- Abdominal cramps
- Mood swings
- Food cravings
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Pain in back, joints, muscles, and pelvis
These symptoms have a substantial effect on the sleep patterns of women and thereby giving rise to the problems of insomnia.
- Pregnancy: – Pregnancy causes considerable and necessary fluctuations in the hormones which are helpful in maintaining fertility, but they create severe changes in the sleep cycle and sleeping patterns. Researchers have found that 30% of pregnant women rarely get a good sleep at night. Insufficient sleep during pregnancy leads to adverse outcomes and preterm delivery.
- Postpartum: – Sleep disruptions during postpartum period affects the maternity and mother-infant interactions. 25% of women suffer from insomnia during the postpartum period.
- Menopause: – It is known as the ceasing of menstrual cycle due to degeneration of ovarian follicles. It occurs in the age of 45-55 years and causes following changes in women along with insomnia.
- Dry scalp and rough hair
- Body pains
- Aging: – With ageing following physical problems start appearing which not only affect the sleep patterns but also cause significant discomfort.
- Chronic heart or lung diseases
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Weakened immunity
- Increased urge to urinate
- Depression: – Depression now days is becoming the part of our lives. Depression can be due to any factors personal, professional or emotional. It is one of the crucial reasons for insomnia nowadays.
Good sleep requires a reasonable of comfort which is provided by a suitable mattress. Choosing a bed of right quality is a matter of grave inspection and before purchasing a mattress quality and comfort are to be ensured. Sleepco.com provides you the best opportunity to get the trial of the mattress for 120 days so that the ease and effectiveness of the mattress can be felt before making any commitment. Moreover, the technology incorporated in making the mattress and the addition of lavender flowers during manufacturing process provides a serene atmosphere for sleeping. The epicenter of right amount of energy and inventiveness is the sound sleep which is provided by a mattress of the excellent trait.