Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Aflac. I was compensated for writing it, but all opinions are 100 percent mine.
Watching the new Aflac #SalonDuck commercial got this MotherStucker thinking about my own past hairdo epic fails. I aimed to go Ginger once but ended up nonuniform shades of pink. The most recent hairdo blunder occurred when my family & I moved 450+ miles south mid-summer 2013. I needed a trim but didn’t have a new stylist yet. It was HOT. HUMID too. In a moment of heat related desperation I accepted my husband’s offer to cut my hair. Hubby is a mechanical engineer (if you are looking for clear reasoning as to why I thought this was an acceptable idea, you aren’t going to find it…. Did I mention it was hot?) & he obviously was tired of hearing me fuss. He grabbed the electric clipper/trimmer & gave me the Miley Cyrus right on our front porch.
Aren’t looking to permanently sport the “Miley” look? Me neither! Here are a few of MotherStucker’s tried & true hair styling tips:
♦Seek professional help!
Don’t let your hubby be your hairstylist unless he is a professional stylist. This also applies to all other relatives. Find a stylist you aren’t related to. You’ll thank me later 😉
♦Consider going short!
If you hate it, hang out for a bit. Hair grows! I sported long hair the first half of my life & short hair for the last couple decades. Short hair gives a gal instant style & is easy for daily maintenance.
♦Give your hair “off” days!
You don’t have to tell this MotherStucker twice. Go a day without washing, fixing, fussing, etc. Handle your hair on those days with a headband, scarf, bobby pins, etc. Try this on days that start with S & end with Y.
♦Check out the Aflac #SalonDuck for yourself:
About One Day Pay℠
- When a policyholder gets sick or hurt, Aflac pays cash benefits fast – now in as little as ONE business day with the company’s new One Day Pay℠
- One Day Pay℠ is Aflac’s way of making sure eligible claims get processed and approved the same day they’re submitted, so policyholders can get paid in just a day. Aflac is built to process and pay – not to deny and delay – to help your life stay on track.
- A lot of insurance companies talk about how much money they’ll save policyholders on premiums, but people buy insurance to get paid when they need to file a claim. Aflac understands that claims matter and that it’s important to be there for their policyholders when they need it most.
- In the United States, Aflac is the leading provider of voluntary insurance at the work site. Aflac is different from health insurance; it’s insurance for daily living.
- Aflac pays cash benefits quickly and directly to you, unless otherwise assigned, to help with out-of-pocket expenses when you’re sick or hurt. The benefits are predetermined and paid regardless of any other insurance you have.
- Supplemental insurance policies such as accident, critical illness and cancer help protect workers from high out-of-pocket costs that major medical insurance was never designed to cover.
- Many supplemental insurance policies pay cash benefits that can be used for everyday living expenses like groceries, child care, rent or parking at the hospital.
If supplemental insurance policies are not part of your health plan, it may be worth approaching your employer to ask for them. Learn more at:
- Twitter: @AflacDuck: https://twitter.com/aflacduck
- Facebook: Aflac Duck: https://www.facebook.com/aflacduck
Disclosure: This review and giveaway was made possible by iConnect Influencer Management & Aflac. I was compensated for my participation in this campaign, but all opinions are 100% mine.