Less than 2 years ago I moved 450+ miles south into a hotel just like Shocantelle — (waiting for construction to be completed at MotherStucker Headquarters) — For 6 weeks with the entire fam. Trust me, it was not as glamorous as it sounds! I’m looking back & giggling a bit (funny now, not so much then!) so I’m inclined to share. Stay tuned this month for posts to come as I mentally “checked out” around week 4! Check out the video above for the spot on “Extended Stay Guest” Laura Bell Bundy 😉
(Originally published July, 2013)
Tomorrow marks the first week completed in the Extended Stay Hotel! I’m not going to lie — housekeeping and a hot breakfast are fantastic — but this “homeless” in a hotel experience is not for the faint of heart. Last night I nearly lost my MotherStucker mind in the hotel laundry room. Here are some Laundry Edition tips to ease your experience:
1. Be mindful on the time your washer takes to complete a cycle. My extended stay hotel has 3 washers for guests and one particular guest decided to use all 3 washers at once and then leave her wet clothes for hours after their cycle completed.
2. At this point may I suggest you attempt to use the laundry facilities as early in the day as possible? Many extended stay hotel guests leave during the day for work/errands which is likely to free up the laundry room. Likewise, starting your laundry late in the day may lead to an all night experience if you encounter another guest who happens to be pulling a stunt like #1 (Above).
3. Be mindful of the time you dryer takes to complete a cycle. My extended stay hotel has 3 dryers for guests and one particular guest decided to use all 3 dryers at once and then leave her wet clothes for hours after their cycle was complete. Yes, OtherStuckers it needs RE-stated. After the hours the original dry cycle was completed she actually decided to try another cycle for all 3 dryers. Sigh. Your personal (wet) clothing items held hostage in an extended stay hotel laundry room is entirely uncool.
4. Note folding areas: Counter Space in the laundry or even your own hotel room bed? The hood of the washer or dryer aren’t great places to fold your laundry (especially late at night) (as other MotherStuckers are desperately trying to launder their own garments).
5. Research nearby full service laundry facilities…… 😉