From the first course to the last, these brands have you covered with a delicious, yet healthy selection of appetizers, side dishes, main dishes, & desserts. Each made with nutritious & natural ingredients like Greek Olive Oil, Organic Coconut Oil, & Gluten-Free Granola, these recipes will WOW your guests!
For the Appetizer…
Yields: 4 Servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cook Time: 0 min.
- 6 small cucumbers
- Sea Salt
- For dressing:
- 1/2 cup Gaea’s Sitia, Crete D.O.P Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Fresh ground pink pepper
- 2 large oranges
- 1 Tbsp. fresh rosemary
- 1 Tbsp. fresh oregano
- 1 Tbsp. fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp. fresh mint
Wash cucumber & oranges well. Peel oranges, remove white membrane & cut fresh in thin slices. Thinly slice cucumber with a mandolin. Combine salt & two kinds of pepper in glass or stainless steel bowl & add lemon juice. Slowly add olive oil while stirring constantly with wire whisk. Combine dressing with orange slices & fresh herbs. To serve: Arrange cucumbers in dishes & pour over prepared dressing. Sprinkle with a little coarse salt.
For the main course…
Prep time: ~15 mins
Makes 4 -3/4 inch thick patties or 6 -1/2 inch thick patties.
4-6 hamburger buns
- 1 pound thawed ground beef, lean ground turkey or bison, veal or your favorite meat.
- 2 Tbs finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 Tbs Carrington Farms Organic Milled flaxseed
- 2 Tbs water
- 3/4 cup soft bread crumbs (1 slice of bread)
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 Tbs mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Mix together meat, onion, garlic, flax & bread crumbs.
- Lightly beat water & egg together & add to mixture. Add mustard, salt & pepper.
- Cook on a grill or stove top until no pink remains (~12 mins)
- Optional cheeseburgers: top with slice of your choice of cheese at end of cooking & grill or broil for about 1 min.
For the side dish…
- ½ cup Carrington Farms Garlic Flavored Liquid Coconut Cooking Oil
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ cup soy sauce
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup of sliced red bell pepper
- ½ cup sliced yellow bell peppers
- ½ sliced red onion
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- ½ sliced zucchini
- ½ sliced eggplant
Place all vegetables in a large bowl. In a small bowl, mix together Carrington Farms Garlic Flavored Liquid Coconut Oil, soy sauce & lemon juice. Pour over the vegetables. Cover bowl, & marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Place vegetables on skewers (if using wooden skewers make sure to soak first). Spray grill with Carrington Farms Coconut Oil Spray. Set grill to medium heat. Place vegetable skewers on preheated grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- 4 Bananas
- 3 tablespoons Viki’s Banana Walnut Granola
- 6 ounces dark chocolate chips or shards
- 8 Popsicle sticks
Peel, cut bananas in half crosswise & insert Popsicle sticks. Place on a parchment-lined tray, cover with plastic wrap and freeze for about 3 hours. Place Viki’s Banana Walnut Granola into a shallow dish. Melt chocolate in a double boiler over slightly simmering water, over low heat, constantly stirring. Pour the chocolate into a tall glass. Dip each banana into the chocolate & roll in the granola straightaway. Place on a parchment-lined tray. Serve immediately or wrap individually in parchment paper or plastic wrap in the freezer.